Preschool Teacher/Aid Needed
SPHDS is seeking a qualified Pre-School Teacher/Aide to work with the 2-5 year olds in our expanding Preschool program.
This is a Part Time job, hours are 1-4:15pm, Monday to Friday.
The position is primarily a floating position to help cover teachers lunches and to help during nap and rest times. There is a possibility of expanded hours and increased position and responsibility.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 6 E.C.E. units
- Fingerprint and negative T.B. test clearance is necessary
- 6 months experience working with children
A successful candidate…...
- possesses a high affinity and patience for helping children
- has excellent and effective communication skills
- has energy and willingness to play with children on their level
- is understanding of social, emotional development of toddlers and preschoolers
- has willingness to interact with children of varying ages
- has the ability to take direction and work as part of a team
- fluency in Hebrew is preferred but NOT necessary
- will be punctual, dependable, flexible and enthusiastic
About the school:
South Peninsula Hebrew Day School is an established institution with over forty years of history in the South Peninsula area, currently serving 260 students from two years of age through Eighth grade. The school is bilingual and bicultural, with a curriculum that includes a half day of Hebrew language, literature and Jewish studies. Our students are diverse with respect to their ethnic backgrounds, countries of origin, languages spoken and levels of economic privilege. Bridging this diversity is a core part of the school's mission.
SPHDS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, nationality, religious background or gender orientation.
For more information or to submit your cover letter and CV please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
**** South Peninsula Hebrew Day School is looking for Per-Diam Substitute teachers. For any employment inquiry, please contact our front office at 408.738.3060 or e-mail us at email@example.com